In 2020’s final episode of The Game Changer Podcast, NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes’ High Performance Manager, Brad Harrington speaks with Kitman Labs Performance Scientist John Dams about high performance. He shares his advice on how performance departments can more effectively engage with coaches.
Key takeaways for this podcast include:
- Debunking the myth that coaches don’t care about performance;
- The importance of building a good relationship between coaches and the performance department
- Understanding a coach’s context and communicating in the right way at the right level
- Practical tips on improving the effectiveness of performance including:
– How to identify the data that matters to coaches
– How to facilitate objective conversations with coaches