The Game Changer is a podcast series founded and managed by Kitman Labs to perpetuate the sharing of knowledge and experience from some of the world’s best sporting practitioners.
OUR LATEST PODCAST
Episode 10: A spotlight on developing elite performance in Japanese Rugby Union
In this episode Kitman Labs’ performance scientist John Dams talks with Hitoshi Ipponsugi, Head of Performance for Toyota Verblitz about the state of rugby in Japan.
Key topics covered in this podcast include:
- The unique relationship between elite sport and the corporate businesses who manage the Japanese Rugby Top Teams.
- How to develop athletes into elite athletes when they were not fostered in an academy system.
- Why it’s important to look outside of your own country to continue you personal development.
- How Japanese Rugby is rising to the challenge of the upcoming 2019 World Cup.
- And lastly how Kitman Labs has helped Toyota Verblitz to enhance on-field performance.
SEE THE OTHER PODCASTS WE HAVE TO OFFER
Stephen Smith, CEO and Founder
Stephen’s expertise is in injury rehabilitation and sports physiology. Prior to founding Kitman Labs in 2012, Stephen worked as Leinster Rugby’s Senior Rehabilitation Coach. His vision and experience guides the direction of product development and the company.
Kevin McLaughlin, VP of Operations – EMEA
Kevin is a retired professional rugby player, having represented both Leinster Rugby and the Irish National Team. He has first hand experience using Kitman Labs’ Athlete Mobile. Today, Kevin plays a crucial role in Kitman Labs evolution into European sport
Andy Shelton, Performance Scientist
With over 10 years experience of directing sports science departments in a variety of elite sports environments, Andy is Kitman Labs’ first Applied Sports Scientist. Today he works for Kitman Labs alongside some of the world’s best sports teams, helping them to understand injuries and unlock performance.