Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated 1st July 2023.
This Acceptable Use Policy outlines the acceptable and unacceptable behaviours when using our Services, intended to foster a safe and respectful environment for all users. If we determine that a violation of this policy is deliberate, repeated, or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, our Services, or any third parties, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access. We may update and change this policy from time to time, so we recommend you check back regularly for updates. We will make efforts to notify users of significant changes. Any capitalised terms used in this policy that are not defined here have the meanings set forth in the End User Terms of Service, which can always be found at http://kitmanlabs.com/end-user-terms.
A. UNACCEPTABLE USE
- Abusive Behaviour: We strictly prohibit any form of harassment, threats, defamation, or unwanted contact directed towards any person or entity. This includes, but is not limited to, behaviour or language that is discriminatory, hateful, or offensive based on ethnicity, religion, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic. Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals and groups.
- Privacy and Data Protection: Respect the privacy rights of all individuals as outlined under applicable laws, including but not limited to data protection and health care privacy laws. Do not collect, store, process, or disclose any personally identifiable information such as personal addresses, social security numbers, health data, or any other sensitive personal data without the appropriate legal basis, including, where applicable, the consent of the individual concerned. Do not engage in activities that facilitate or contribute to data breaches or identity theft.
- Intellectual Property: Respect the intellectual property rights of all individuals and entities. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, trade secret rights, and other proprietary rights. Do not reproduce, publish, disseminate, or otherwise use software, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, articles, designs, or other works of authorship without obtaining the explicit written permission from the rightful owner or as permitted by law. Unauthorised use, alteration, or distribution of proprietary content, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets is strictly prohibited.
- Security and Integrity of Systems: Unauthorised access to any computer or communication systems, including but not limited to those used to provide the Service, is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, activities such as hacking, attempting to breach or disable any security measures, and the unauthorised use or distribution of passwords or access credentials. Do not create, distribute or deploy malicious software, such as computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, or other harmful components intended to harm or disrupt the operation of systems. Do not engage in activities aimed at overloading or crashing systems, such as denial-of-service (DoS) or distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. Do not attempt to access or interfere with other users’ accounts or data. All users are expected to respect the integrity of computing and network systems, and to report any security vulnerabilities or breaches that they become aware of.
- Spam and Unsolicited Communications: Do not engage in the distribution of unsolicited bulk communications (‘Spam’) via email, messaging platforms, or any other communication channels. This includes not only the sending of such messages but also selling, marketing, or endorsing any product or service that is advertised or linked to Spam. You should not facilitate, cooperate, or participate in the dissemination of Spam in any form. The sending of unsolicited communications should adhere to all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the CAN-Spam Act of 2003 or any equivalent legislation in your jurisdiction. Always ensure that you have the recipients’ consent before sending marketing or promotional communications, and respect the wishes of those who opt-out of such communications.
- Fraud and Misrepresentation: We strictly prohibit fraudulent activities including issuing deceptive offers, impersonating others, or misrepresenting affiliations. Altered or false source-identifying information, including ‘spoofing’ and ‘phishing’, is not permitted. The creation or use of false identities, identity theft, or manipulation of identities is forbidden, as is the utilisation or distribution of tools intended to generate fraudulent credentials or transactions. Unauthorised access to another user’s account or personal information is unacceptable, and any forms of financial or business fraud, such as pyramid or ponzi schemes, are not allowed.
- Compliance with Laws: It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using our Services. Do not engage in any activities that would violate any local, national, or international laws, including but not limited to laws related to data protection, intellectual property, privacy, and any other relevant legislation.
You are strictly prohibited from authorising, permitting, enabling, or encouraging any third party to engage in any of the aforementioned activities.
B. CONSEQUENCES OF VIOLATION
Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy (this “AUP”) may lead to suspension or termination of the user’s account or legal action. In addition, the user may be required to pay for the costs of investigation and remedial action related to AUP violations. The Company reserves the right to take any other remedial action it sees fit.
C. REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE USE
The Company requests that anyone with information about a violation of this AUP report it via an email to the following address: email@example.com. Please provide the date and time (with time zone) of the violation and any identifying information regarding the violator, including email or username, as well as details of the violation.
D. REVISION OF AUP
The Company may change this AUP at any time by posting a new version on this page and sending the user written notice thereof. The new version will become effective on the date of such notice.