Stephen Smith, Founder and CEO of Kitman Labs welcomes Martin Buchheit, a renowned sports science researcher and published author, to Kitman Labs as the new Head of Performance Research. In this lively discussion the two talk about the past, present and future of performance science, data, sports research, and how teams create highly collaborative, data-driven organizations.
Key discussion points:
- How research can improve to help teams advance – on and off the field – in a more practical and compelling way
- The evolution of thinking about data, and thinking about roles to thinking about problems
- The importance of asking the right questions with the right context at the right level
- Ego, humility, fear, trust and transparency!
- Are we stuck in satisfying mode?
- The keys to building a highly collaborative environment
- What it takes to have a seat at the strategic table